Merseyside Network For Change
Merseyside Refugee Support Network
Welcome to our shared website
- MRSN is working in partnership with Asylum Link Merseyside and Faiths 4 Change on our joint LASAR Health and Wellbeing Gateway project funded by Liverpool CCG. This has enabled our team at MRSN to continue to offer bespoke advocacy, advice and welfare support to refugees and to reduce their stress and anxiety of their integration into life in Liverpool. To find out more about the whole project gives us a bell! 0151-709-7557
- MNfC - are working with LCVS and Merseyside Employment Law with our joint capacity building partnership work, funded by Liverpool City Council CRU. We continue to help new and existing community groups across Liverpool with charity set-up, governance, administration and funding support.
- Thanks to funding from the Tudor Trust, MNfC continue to coordinate the Liverpool Supplementary Schools Network. We have had another successful year of supporting local groups with their quality awards and bringing new groups to the Network to share experience and good practice. The supplementary schools aim to support the linguistic and cultural heritage of the young people attending whilst supporting them in their mainstream education. Our work is enhanced through the partnership working with Liverpool City Council School Improvement.
- We are delighted that LCVS have recently signed up to our Liverpool City of Sanctuary group.
- We have been working hard with our European project partners in Poland, Romania and Greece on our Erasmus + funded project for digital story-telling "Tell Your Story". The overall aim of the project is to work with our clients/students/learners, as well as staff and volunteers to enhance digital literacy skills and inclusion. This involves developing skills for oral story telling and then developing multi-media skills. The overall project will build confidence, communications and language skills for all our participants. During the first year of the project we have developed a blog and held trans-national and cultural meetings and training events in Liverpool (UK); Bialystok (Poland) and Syros (Greece).
At MNFC we provide support to groups wishing to set up as charities, not-for-profit companies, as well as providing other support to assist you in your community development goals - fundraising, governance, charity administration, project monitoring. MNFC is a member of the Liverpool Capacity Builders Network.
- Please call 0151-709-7557 for an appointment or further information.
At MRSN we provide an information and support service for local refugee communities as well as for those organisations working with and for refugees and asylum seekers.
We also offer a wide range of direct support services to refugees to help progression with resettlement "move-on" and integration. The service has developed and expanded over the past 13 years through our collaboration with MNFC to meet the ongoing demand for customised and effective support for vulnerable refugee clients. The ongoing delivery of these services (funding permitting) includes:
- Benefits and housing - advocacy and support
- Employment and training advice and guidance
- Interpreting classes - level 2 and 3.
- To join the LASAR/MRSN News and Networking group - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about our local partnership campaign for City of Sanctuary in Liverpool.
You can join the campaign today